This board allows to charge the battery by USB-C cable or connect headphones with USB-C or jack adapter to USB-C in your Game Boy Advance SP (Also compatible with Nintendo DS).
- Plastic cap made by filament 3D printer. It fit well with original GBA SP case. (1)
- Charging your Game Boy Advance SP by USB-C, compatible with:
- USB power banks
- USB-A chargers
- USB-C chargers (2)
- USB-C PD chargers (normal speed, not fast) (2)
- USB-A to USB-C cables
- USB-C to USB-C cables (2)
- Playing the sound using a USB-C headphones or USB-C adapter to Jack 3.5mm.
(1) The plastic cap is made for the original GBA SP shell. It may be compatible with other shells, but it will depends on how similar they are to the original.
(2) This feature has been recently added but has a limitation. Before USB-C to USB-C cables were not compatible and they didn’t charge the GBA SP. They can be used now, but they work only connected in one side. It means when you connect the USB-C cable face up will charge correctly the battery and the orange led will turn on, but when you connect face down will not do anything.
(Supporting double side connecting disable the audio of the speaker. So, this is the best option to keep the audio works and makes the USB-C to USB-C cables/chargers compatible. You can see a video in the “Additional content (videos)” tab.)
- 1 board (1.2 mm thickness)
- 1 plastic cap to cover the hole.
REQUIRED (NOT INCLUDED)
- Tri-wing and Phillips screwdriver
- Cutting plier (optional)
- Kapton tape
- Soldering iron
- Desoldering pump
- Desoldering mesh
- Isopropyl alcohol
Due to the difference between different monitors, the picture may not reflect the actual color of the plastic cap.
The USB-C earphone or USB-C adapter to Jack 3.5mm must be without any DAC inside, just analog device, otherwise it won’t work. For example these ones work perfect: