The Game Boy Color USB-C Charging Kit is a circuit that allows to charge a Nintendo Game Boy Color by USB-C and use a Li-ion battery instead of AA batteries.
This circuit includes the famous TP4056 and DW01A. The first one is the device in charge of charging the battery, and the second one is protecting the lifetime of the battery of the over-discharge.
This kit includes two boards. If you want to install it easy, it’s enough with the main board which doesn’t need any cable for working. However, if you want to have the status LEDs in the same place as the original status LED, then you will need to solder the second board and joint both with 3 cables. You can choose the best option for you.
- Exact shape for Game Boy Color.
- USB-C connector.
- Battery charge control (charging level and overdischarge)
- LED indicators for playing (white), charging battery (red) and battery full (green)
- 1 frame board which includes the two boards: charging and light.
- 1 Battery cable.
- 1 Cable of 3 wires for connecting the light board.
- 1 Light diffuser.
REQUIRED (NOT INCLUDED)
- Li-ion battery (for example 102050 or 103048)
- Philips #00 and Tri-wing security screwdriver
- Cutting plier
- Tin soldering iron
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Cutting tool (optional)
This module has been designed to be used with the console’s original voltage regulator because it supports an input voltage range between 2 a 4.6V and the battery kit provide a voltage between 2.75 a 4.2V. If you also want to change the original power supply, it’s important it is compatible with the voltage provided for the battery kit, otherwise you may damage something.